‘sup. This page is in the middle of a major content revamp because it has not been updated in nearly two years, and a hell of a lot has changed.
Anyhow?? I’m Mr. Ksoft. I’ve been hanging with the Illemonati for most of the significant portion of my life. And this is my page, but hopefully you were aware of that.
OKAY SO. I’m almost a stereotypical computer nerd kid. Except I’m not because my acne seems to have gone missing. I used to be, though, when I didn’t have much of a personality (and had the acne, but whatever)
Let’s just bulletize this. It’s better on your eyes, I hope.
- Personality-wise, I am… I dunno, really. Hard to describe. I have energy as I am very easily energized, but mix that with the nerdy vibe. And also negativity towards stupid people. I laugh obnoxiously and sometimes unintentionally annoy people.
- I live my daily life under the influence of band. As in high school band class. And more— I’m in every band thing the school has to offer: concert band, jazz band, marching band, pep band… This is possibly the best thing that has ever happened to make a difference in my life, as I am a completely different person than I was 4 years ago (pre-band). I am known, I am talented, and I am having the time of my life. It is EXCELLENT.
- Video games are my true obsession. I know too much about them and play them constantly. For the past year, I’ve also been into collecting them, and have accumulated 8 additional game consoles and about 150 games since. I am determined to get a hard copy of every single game I want to play, ever, even the stuff I could just emulate. Which reminds me, if you’d like to donate stuff (or sell to me) PLEASE let me know. It’s hard to find quality stuff locally except with random luck (like my huge TurboGrafx-16 score, but I won’t go into more detail here)
- I also like computers and have been amassing a lab in my basement. No computer that comes into my possession seems to leave. There are 4 PCs ranging from 486DX2 to Pentium 4 and 3 Macs, a Performa 600 and two Power Macintosh 6100/60av’s. Some serve up old games, some are my operating system test beds (like one was running BeOS and I have a generic PC running Mac OS X), and others are just for my own strange niches like recreating a genuine 90’s era Windows 95 environment that is very close to this one that my friend had years ago that I really, really, really liked. (I still can’t find the screen saver it had, though.)
- For the past year I’ve been heading the school’s German Club, bringing it back from life support. I’ve hosted German games, dance, and some lovely video game parties that have nothing to do with the German language but nobody cares because it’s fun. However, the teacher has now left so I dunno if the new one is going to keep the club alive, therefore continuing my presidential post. We’ll see.
- I like making things. My current project is a large computer game that I hope one day will be finished and sold in small numbers. I also make music, though I’m dormant right now.
- Lemon Demon and the community have done a lot for me. Hell, “a lot” is an understatement. MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF THINGS. First, I learned there is good music that isn’t instrumental, and secondly the forums have had a massive social impact on me. I learned what it’s like to have really great friends at a time where I had none in real life. I’m not timid any more, and not afraid to crack a good sex joke. I also met the love of my life, the ever so wonderful Mindy, as a result of being a part of this community. <3 Thank you so much, Illemonati!! You rock!!
Monochrome Nightmares, the home of my overly ambitious indie game experiment. Well, it would be, except that the site is down and won’t be back up until I decide to plunk down some money for a domain and good hosting (that is, not until I am close to having something profitable to cover that cost)
Lemmings Forums, to my knowledge the largest (maybe the only?) forum dedicated to the Lemmings computer games. It is a very old community that has roots as far back as 2000. I took over in 2006.
Exploding Jellyfish, my one man instrumental music project. I don’t think the site’s working right now, but I trust LAEB will fix it sometime. In the mean time, there’s always the EJ Myspace.
Deviantart account, completely dead but there are some old drawings on there you might like.
MySpace account. I will only friend you if I recognize you from here, though.
Facebook account. Same as Myspace: I’ll friend you if I recognize you. Which I usually do. But if I don’t, get enough Illemonati mutual friends and I’ll know you’re no foe.
Super Duper Ultra Fast Mega Info Box 2 Platinum DX
Name: Kyle “Timmy”
Birthdate: July 29, 1992
Location: Portage, IN (Word of warning: don’t live here. It kinda sucks.)
Relationship Status: 100% taken. Mindy is the BEST PERSON EVER. <3
Illemonati Longevity: 3 years. That is the longest I have continuously been a regular in a forum community. Just shows how kickass the Illemonati are, eh?
Favorite Activities: Internet surfing, video gaming, video game collecting, technological tinkering, drawing, music composing, using the above activities to continue to entertain Mindy :P
Contacting me is an interesting experience. I encourage you to try it. I am online very, very, very often.
AIM: ksoftgames (preferred IM service)
Skype: MrKsoft (but I’m barely ever on)
Xbox Live: MrKsoft (add me, let’s play! I don’t have a lot of online Xbox 360 games yet, but I do have Halo 3 so that’s a safe bet for most of us)
There used to be a time that the LD chat was a great place to track me down, but I started idling so much I quit. I’ll be back some day.
Splynch. It’s a computer game. And it’s going to be a damn good one. (And the Facebook page is as close to a website as it has at the moment. Sorry)
There are so dead that the links are dead, too. FUCK. I’ll fix them soon as I figure out where they’ve wandered off to, but I’ll leave the broken links so I remember.
The Randomness, a hand drawn comic which didn’t last long. *kicks crap scanner*
Lemon Demon NES Mixes, which was going to be bigger but died due to frustration in figuring out the notes
The ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL Testimonial Block
Living proof that I am one hip cat. Yes. Leave something— you know you want to.
- MrKindy, teh dynamic duo?! yes. Timmy, you’re the best clone/BFF ever. <3 -Mindy
- i am one of the few people who can tolerate the fuzzy stuff that grows on peaches. are you one of us fuzzy-tolerant peoples??? just wondering, ya know? pinkcat
- “I’m so coo-wait a second. Who were we talking about again? Oh yes. KSoft, yeah, he’s cool.” —XFactorInfinity
- “K! K’s are nice and different.” -Ph3r
- “Dear god, you look exactly like I did at 13. 0_0” - BeatlesLover
- “You’re awesome, random, and your ideas are weird enough to be accepted as a Kisa<3. And you can be like. Known as Mr. Gates. But > Bill. So. Yeah.” -Kisara
- “Oh yeah, this guy totally owns. I’ve known him since 6th grade, and he’s the kind of guy you want to be friends with. Unless you’re an anti-geekite.” -Canadian Chimp
- “You’re a neat fellow! Kinda remind me of The78thDude for some reason.” —Bran
- “The next Kazakhstan idol!” -Atomika
- “You are more awesome than a Can of Boxes.” Niklasva
- “You sir, are more awesome than a box of cans.”Jonovox
- “Exploding Jellyfish = Awesome!!!!” nan
- If he went on a diet he’d be Diet Ksoft! If he had a cherry he’d be Cherry Ksoft! If he was a doctor he’d be Dr. Ksoft! If he was a mountain he’d be Mountain Ksoft! Bad jokes aside you truely are awesome, sir. -TMM
- “It’s so weird that when I made my first testimonial, I wasn’t aware that I’d spend two years with the most amazing guy in the galaxy. :P I’m never even lovey dovey. And I used to be afraid of commitment. But being with you is the least scariest thing I’ve ever known. I love you, Cheeseball. :)” -COOTIES
Design totally stolen from mattgcn because I don’t understand divs. Oh well. He probably won’t mind.