AUDIBLE Radio was created by Cam one night as an experiment to see how the Illemonati would react to the idea of their own station. It was originally called Illemonati Radio, until SaintSmythe suggested the name AUDIBLE Radio. SaintSmythe later suggested that the slogan be its obcviosoly lmlads, which was made official with the launch of the official website.
The following is a list of DJs that have done segments on AUDIBLE Radio, written by the DJs themselves.
- Saint Smythe will be on most weekdays at 3 PM Eastern with the creatively titled “Saint Smythe Show,” an eclectic selection of all types of rock and synthpop lmlads, from the 80s, 90s and maybe a little bit from the 00s thrown in for good measure.
- Mr. Wolfgang will be on after that for another hour of fumbling with his mic and general unpreparedness.
- DJ BLT will come on at 5 PM Eastern on certain days with Rockin’ It Sixties Style, another hour of pure pre-90s music, and “Whatev,” a show where he plays anything he feels like.
- Special K will come on occasionally to play mostly indie rock, classic rock, and occasionally some stranger things.
- DJ Cam has fixed his network so it works properly! So he will come on sporadically to DJ. Cam mostly plays songs from the 90’s, with some older/newer stuff thrown in. Oh, and a lot of Lemon Demon. That’s sorta obcvios.
- Weirdojace will go on in the early evening with “Dementious Maximus,” a collection of weird, insane, and funny music from Jace’s Vault.
- TaraFitz will be on usually late night, and play a heathly mix of foreign music, rock, LD and TMBG. (What DJ doesn’t play LD and TMBG?)
- Also, Smythe hosts a show called “Past Your Bedtime” late at night on weekends whenever he’s bored and there are people in chat who want to listen. “Past Your Bedtime” is totally impromptu, totally unscripted, and consists mostly of requests and whatever random songs Smythe can find on his hard drive.
- DJ Skrobe hosts a show called “Music That Rocks”, where he plays rock and roll from any era, along with “Music from the Dollar Store” and a general overuse of the word “ovaries”.
- DJ Chiaro will usually go on when nobody is, playing music in his library.
- Juttman doesn’t play much music. He likes to talk on his show. Some segments include “Juttman dramatically reads…” “Juttman performs a song” and “Juttman Tells jokes”
- madhatte has decided that he prefers to play music from analog sources. That means you’ll hear a lot of old records and tapes, but precious few MP3s, unless he’s feeling lazy and doesn’t want to scuttle back and forth ‘twixt turntables and tape decks between songs, manually editing titles for each. This is kind of a weird misapplication of technology, and results in some oddities; miscues, microphonic feedback, mumbled apologies, and really strange noises can be expected. It’s still fun, though, or so he insists, and will continue to do so until such a time as he comes to terms with the basic superiority of modern data-storage methods over the ancient kind he prefers. Email all requests via Cuneiform or Hieroglyphics, please. Linear “A” is also acceptable.
- DJ Mallows Will pop in every few days with some late night listening. Mostly indie rock and geeky stuff.
- DJ Xaandy Is too lazy to link to his non-existant Wiki page. He broadcasts when Mum isn’t home.
- DJ Mattgcn occasionally goes on to play from his vast collection of music, but usually plays Dementia with the occasional oddity, or video game music. He rarely has a mic.
- DJ Jacq will sporadically frolic on air. She will play theme sets (ie - songs about pirates) and whatever she feels like listening to (mostly punkrawk). Sometimes she forgets to turn off her mic so you can hear her yelling at her roommate.
- DJ Hideous will go on when he’s awake and noone else is on the air. He usually plays random and very silly songs, and he accepts most requests.
- DJ Nik has a huge amount of songs. He plays all kinds of songs, from TMBG to Swedish pop. He will accept your song requests if he have the song in his collection. Right now he can’t do shoutouts because his PC mic is broken but the Built-in microphone in his iMac works perfectly so, If you find a good DJ app for the Mac, tell him. He will DJ Tuesdays and Fridays at 1PM and on Wednesdays at noon or when no one else is on and he wants to DJ for a while.
- DJ Bran plays whatever he thinks the listeners will like. He thrives on listener input, so IM and Skype him all you want during a show.
- E-Nep tells jokes and discusses things with co-host, “captin hastings.” Occasionally plays music and stuff. Enjoys recieving IM’s.
- DJ Myndi! plays mostly 80s rock, and some modern songs. She will accept any requests if you have any, and will play most Saturdays or Sundays. Who can resist Mindy’s Radio Party?! X3
- DJ Timmy originally got access to Audible to do a crappy Exploding Jellyfish show but has decided to go ahead and start DJing on a semi regular basis. He plays synthy/chiptune/electronic instrumental music almost exclusively, ranging from video game soundtracks to stuff from the MOD scene.
- Anya tends to go on under two circumstances. 1. She’s bored, and 2. Her mother is gone. She often plays whatever random music she finds amongst her collection, and very much welcomes requests and people sending her music to play. People tend to like what she plays, and she can usually come up with some interesting (or at least funny) stuff to say in between. Keep in mind when you turn into her shows, her computer is technical difficulty prone, and she never really arranges what she’s going to play before hand. She loves being able to just go through and randomly decide.
- dMb has a very diverse collection of music, ranging from art rock to new wave and indie, as well as plenty of electronic music. Most of the music he’ll play on “dMb Radio-Activity” will be very danceable or very awesomely arranged. He’ll be on whenever it occurs to him. He’ll switch off between preset playlists and request shows.
- Zapetroid has his show set for certain Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. His show consists of a random interveiw, funny little jingle bumper things, and, of course, music. Zapetroid’s music is within the reaches of The Beatles, Lemon Demon, Deporitaz, his own band (Matt & Figgy), Illemonati remixes, The Rolling Stones, Talking Heads, etc. Bands like those and stuff. Requests are gladly welcomed and appreciated. You can call in to Zapetroid on Tuesdays now, so listen for the phone number jingle and then call if you want to talk or request a song.
- Mixmasta Hawk2416 broadcasts whenever he feels like it. He plays “hradcore geik” music, which basically means geek rock. He often broadcasts alongside Zapetroid via Skype.
- WhyNotJon operates mostly in the late evening and night, playing an admittedly off-kilter mixture of classic (read: 80’s) rock/pop and a variety of modern niches (indie rock, gangsta rap, bluegrass, etc.) Also, he believes he is funny. Humor him; if he’s angered, he’ll punish us all with Journey.
- Red Alien plays classic rock, electronica, alternative, comedy and jazz. He usually plays on Fridays or Saturdays. He seems to go before Juttman a lot.
- DJ Thunder hosts the Thunderous Thunder Show for Europeans and Insomniacs’ at not-so-random intervals, playing a mixture of rock, punk and metal with the occasional techno.
- DJ Chaos host of Chaos Radio - Coming At Ya, he plays mostly rock, punk and techno, but will generally play whatever he feels like, so there.
- D’eni J runs eni’ixotic radio. Mostly what is played incorporates Comedy, Geek Rock, and Piano Rock. Due to technical difficulties, his microphone doesn’t work well and he sometimes gets kicked off, but it’s worth a listen.
- Dave12D3 hosts a radio show entitled “r4d10-12d3”. He plays mostly geek rock, electronic music and popular Illemonati artists. He almost always plays new songs by his music project when he goes on.
- RatchetSly tends to play rock, anything electronica related, and the occasional orchestral song. His show is on random Saturdays, around 7:30 PM AST. Drop in and listen for a bit!
There are many spots open. Contact Cam for details, or ask another DJ for the password if you have been proven to be worthy of a DJ position.
There is a Skype account specifically for DJs, where listeners can call in to chat, or perhaps request a song. The name of the account is “audible_radio” (Without the quotes). The password for logging in is the same as the radio server. If you want to call AUDIBLE radio, add this account name to your contact list.
There are currently talks for making a DJ that runs automatically when an active DJ logs off. When the folder that the program will play from is created, current AUDIBLE DJs will have an initial quota of 20 songs each to upload, 50 for Jace, not counting the “essentials” like Lemon Demon, Logan Whitehurst or They Might Be Giants. Claim your 20 songs on the page linked in the section title.
Occasionally, since the AUDIBLE server allows for relays from other broadcasters, it is used to extend the listener range of other shows. Below are examples.
- Hooray Radio - June 20th, 2007.
- Mark Hughes’s show, KRUD radio - June 23rd, 2007 and January 11th, 2008.
- Lemonic Demonade 2007 - For people who are too far away or poor to attend.
Whether other people’s shows, such as Aaron Ackerson’s Radio Free Spacecat, will take advantage of this is yet to be seen.
- Broadcast times found at the AUDIBLE Schedule page.